WL Sips is a secure multi-channel e-commerce payment solution that complies with the PCI DSS standard. It allows you to accept and manage payment transactions by taking into account business rules related to your activity (payment upon shipping, deferred payment, recurring payment, payment in instalments, etc.).
The purpose of this document is to introduce the MEX tool of the WL Sips solution.
Who does this document target?
Operating the MEX is based on a few important understandings that define the way you interact with the tool.
The role determines the tabs you will have access to and defines the actions you will be able to perform.
A user role can be seen as a predefined set of access rights. This operating mode simplifies the user creation process by allowing a set of rights to be assigned to a given account in one single operation.
A user can be assigned several roles from the following:
|Sips Office Extranet Gestion||Allows access to 'Sips Office Extranet'.|
|Merchant Fraud Admin||Allows access to the 'Fraud tab'.|
|Custom Pages||Allows access to the 'Pages customization' tab.|
|Merchant User Admin||Allows access to the 'Users' tab.|
|Merchant Download||Allows access to the 'Download' tab.|
|Merchant Admin||Allows access to the 'Download', 'Users' and 'Sips Office Extranet' tabs.|
The access point is your entry point in the hierarchy. It determines the merchant level you will be able to view and manage.
A role assigned to a user account is always associated with an access point: Merchant or webshop.
- Merchant ("CG", Commercial Group): a merchant is a group of webshops. It is a level that allows a user to manage a webshop pool with one single access.
- Webshop ("POS", Point Of Sale): a webshop is the lowest level in the hierarchy. Transactions are processed at the webshop level. It is also at the webshop level that all the functionalities and means of payment are saved. A webshop has a unique ID, called "Merchant ID". Every merchant has at least 1 webshop.
The role confers rights to the associated access point and to all the units under it.
Lea (red dots) has an administrator role on the merchant, which gives her this very same role on the three webshops without having to assign her the rights on each shop individually. If a fourth webshop is added to the merchant later, Lea can administer this new webshop in the same way, without the need to grant her additional rights.
Paul (purple dots) has an administrator role strictly on webshops 2 and 3. It was necessary to explicitly assign the roles to each of the two webshops.
Receiving your credentials
After registering your webshop, you will receive an E-mail similar to the below example:
This E-mail includes your login ID and tells you how to set your password.
Please follow the instructions in the E-mail received. Your password must:
- include between 10 and 20 characters
- include at least 1 lower case
- include at least 1 upper case
- include at least 1 digit
Once your password is set, you will be able to log in to the MEX.
Click the URL below to access the MEX:
Then enter the login credentials you received to log in:
Access point and role
If your user account is linked to a single role, e.g. 'Merchant Admin', you will be redirected straight to the MEX dashboard after logging in.
But if your user account is associated with several access points (for example 'Merchant and Webshop 1'), you will be asked to select an access point after logging in.
In case the selected access point is linked to several roles, you will have to select a role.
Finally, click on the button to access the MEX dashboard or on to reset the form.
Managing your identification
Regardless of which access points and roles you are associated with, you can perform various actions from the login screen or, when connected, from the main interface.
If you have forgotten your password, you can receive a new temporary password by doing the following:
- Click on the 'Click here if you forgot your password' link below the button:
- enter your username and email address in the form:
- finally, click to confirm the request, or to return to the login screen.
Changing your password
After you have logged in, click on the 'Change Password' link at the top of the main interface:
Then enter your current password and your new password in the corresponding fields:
Your new password must:
- include between 10 and 20 characters
- include at least 1 lower case
- include at least 1 upper case;
- include at least 1 digit
- not be the same as one of your last 3 passwords saved in the tool.
Click on to confirm the password change, or on to reset the form.
Temporary or expired password
If you attempt to log in using a temporary or expired password , you must change it right after you log in to the MEX.
The MEX will then automatically redirect you to the password change form (cf. previous section):
- enter your current password and new password
- then click on to confirm the change, or on to reset the form.
Changing your E-mail or your name
You can change the name, first name, and E-mail associated with your account. To do so, click on the 'Change User Account' link at the top of the main interface.
Then, edit the desired details in the corresponding fields:
Last, click on to commit the changes, or click on to reset the form with the old values.
Changing the interface language
You can change the interface language after you have logged in. Just click on the link for the desired language:
The available languages are English (EN) and French (FR).
Accessing the applications
The MEX includes and provides access to a number of actions and applications, as tabs.
- tabs shown when connected as a 'Merchant Admin' user:
- tabs shown when connected as a 'Custom pages' user:
Click on a tab to access the associated application.
|Transactions management||Viewing the transactions of a webshop and operations on these transactions.|
|Users||Administer users associated with merchants and webshops.|
|Fraud||Set up fraud tools.|
|Pages customisation||Redirect to the CustomPages payment page appearance customisation tool.|
|Download||Download the secret key and the WL Sips CSE key.|
This is the default view displayed by the MEX.
The dashboard shows a summarization of the webshop or merchant's data, depending on the access point selected when logging in.
The 'Users' tab allows you to manage users associated with merchants and webshops.
Creating/activating a user
After clicking on the 'Users' tab, a button displays at the top right of the search form. Click on this button to create a new user.
A form displays that allows you to enter information about this new user, including:
- the user's confirmation E-mail
- the user's preferred language
Once you have entered this information, click on to confirm the user creation, or click on to go back to the search form.
The tool displays detailed information on the access point selected for the new user. If your user account has access to a single webshop, the new user's access point is positioned by default on this webshop:
In this context, selecting a CG as an access point is not allowed.
However, if your user account has a 'CG' access point, you can select the CG or POS as an access point for the user currently being created (the CG selected by default).
If you have selected an intended access point, click on
Then select the role and optionally the Sips Office Extranet rights:
The tool confirms that the user has been created:
Searching for a user
On the 'Users' tab, enter your criteria in the search form and click on to start the search (or on to reset the form).
A list of results is then presented to you:
Click on the row of the user you are interested in to view the detailed information for that user:
From this screen, you can perform various actions for this user by clicking on the available buttons:
|Allows you to reset this user's password, for example, the user has forgotten their password.|
|Add a role for the selected user.|
|Update the detailed information for the selected user.|
|Review all actions performed on this profile.|
|Block this user's login credentials, which means the user will no longer be able to log in to the MEX.|
Updating a user
From the user details screen (cf. previous section), click on the button to access the change form:
In addition to some actions already available in the user details screen (lock user, reset password, add role), you can now:
- change the user information displayed in the form and validate the changes by clicking on the button at the bottom of the page
- add an address in the 'User Contact' block by clicking on the button
- or even manage access points and roles assigned to this user by clicking on the and buttons (cf. the 'Managing the access point and role' section).
Blocking a user
From the user details screen, click on the button to block the user's login credentials.
A pop-up window in your web browser will ask you to confirm the blocking:
- click on 'OK' to confirm the blocking
- a confirmation message will then inform you that the user has been successfully blocked
Deleting a user
If you have blocked a user (see the 'Blocking a user' section) so they can no longer log in to the MEX, you can permanently delete the user by clicking the button.
A pop-up window in your web browser will ask you to confirm the deletion:
- click on 'OK' to confirm the deletion
- a confirmation message then informs you that the user has been successfully deleted and displays the user search form again.
Unblocking a user
You can unblock a user you blocked (cf. the 'Blocking a user' section) so they can use their login credentials again in the MEX. To do this, click on the button.
A pop-up window in your web browser asks you to confirm the reactivation:
- click 'OK' to confirm the reactivation
- a confirmation message then informs you that the user has been reactivated.
Managing the access point and role
Each user in the MEX must be associated with at least one access point and a role in order to access the data (for more information please refer to the 'Roles' and 'Access Points' sections at the beginning of this documentation).
To manage the access points and roles assigned to a user, browse to the user information update form (cf the 'Updating a user') section.
Then, to manage an existing role:
- In the 'Assigned Access Points/Role Pairs' block, click on the button to change the role of access point concerned
- or click on the button to delete the access point concerned
Or, to add a new role:
- click on the button at the top of the form.
You then gets the following screen:
- select the desired new access point in the left column: the assigned access point is shown in bold
- click on the button
- select the desired role from the list
- click on the button at the bottom right.
The new access point and role have been successfully added to the user:
The 'Fraud' tab allows you to access the fraud management interface.
For more information, please refer to the fraud-related documentation:
Go-No-Go fraud risk management
- Business Score fraud risk management
Use this tab to access Sips Office Extranet. You will be able to view transactions for a specific webshop and perform various operations on these transactions.
For more information please refer to the following documentation: Sips Office Extranet.
With this tab, you access the CustomPages application, which will allow you to customise the appearance of your payment pages.
For more information please refer to the following documentation: Payment pages customisation guide.
This tab allows you to access the Sips Download application, for you to download the secret key and the CSE key.